Traditional Program (Fall and Spring Semesters)
If a student withdraws from school or decreases hours after classes begin, applicable credits for tuition, room, meals and fees will be computed according to the following schedule. Credits for classes are based upon the date the student notifies the Office of Student Affairs in writing or in person. Credit for room and meals are based upon the date the student notifies Residential Life in writing or in person. The following percentages apply:
- Withdrawal: Prior to the first day of classes, the refund is 100%; beginning with the first day and continuing through the first week of classes , the credit is 90%; second week 75%; third week 50%; fourth week 25%; no refund credit will be applied after the fourth week of class. NOTE: The refund schedule for seven-week classes is different; please contact the Business Office before dropping classes.
- Change of Course: Prior to the close of the registration period for each semester, the College will credit any tuition charges made for courses dropped by the student when an equivalent number of hours is added. After the close of registration, the credit will be calculated using the same rates as shown above.
- Rooms & Meals: Effective for the fall 2012 semester the College’s refund plan for room and meals is in accordance with the refund plan for withdrawals. Please see the above refund schedule for applicable room and board charges.
- Room Deposits: After June 30, room deposits for returning students may be refunded only if the applicant is physically unable to enroll or the college cannot provide residence hall space. Once students occupy a residence hall room, the deposit becomes a reservation/damage deposit held in escrow until the student graduate or moves off campus. A student will forfeit the room deposit if they do not notify Student Affairs of their intention not to return by June 30 or December 1 for the fall and spring semesters respectively.
Students withdrawing from Summer School (excluding AT Nursing Program) courses will be credited tuition and fees according to the following schedules:
- Four week courses: Prior to the first day of class: 100%; 1st-3rd day: 90%; 4th-6th day: 50%; 7th-8th day: 25%.
- Eight week courses: Prior to the first day of class: 100%; 1st week: 90%; 2nd week: 50%; 3rd week: 25%.