William Jewell College hopes to provide support to our first generation college students. Here you’ll find important information and resources to help you navigate your Jewell experience as the parent of a first-generation student.
- The Academic Achievement Center is a terrific resource for Jewell students who want to stay on top of their academic progress.
- Make sure your student never misses a meeting with his/her Academic Advisor. The academic advisor will partner with your student to prepare a plan for reaching his/her goal of graduation.
- “Begin with the end in mind.” It isn’t too early to start thinking about what your student will do with a William Jewell education. Career Development and Internships can help students explore areas of interest, find internships, perfect resumes and identify potential job opportunities.
- The Office of the Registrar is your source for Important Dates regarding dropping/adding classes. You can also find out if your student is Ready to Register for the next semester.
- Paying for college doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Educate yourself on the financial aid process, scholarships, grants and student loans.
- The Guide to Federal Student Aid provides a lot of important information.
- Financial Aid at Jewell
- File the FAFSA as soon after January 1 of the same year for which you are applying for financial aid. Here are some tips for filling out the FAFSA.