William Jewell College has a rolling admission schedule and will continue to accept applications through the spring of your high school senior year. We encourage completion of the application for admission as early as possible to ensure the best scholarship opportunities and housing preference.
- There are three ways to apply for admission:
- High School Transcript
- Please follow your high school’s formal transcript release process to have your High School Transcript sent to William Jewell College. If you are using the Common Application to apply, you may send your transcript through their service.
- ACT and/or SAT scores
Our admission decisions will begin September 15th once the application and supporting materials have been received. Notification of the decision will occur by mail approximately 3 weeks after your file becomes complete. Academic Scholarship awards will be provided at the time of your admission decision.
At William Jewell College, we value your talent. We have scholarships available for music, theatre, debate, and Multi-media Journalism that can be added to your academic scholarship awards. Also, you don’t have to major in the talent area to receive the scholarship. You can be a business major and receive a vocal music scholarship by participating in our Choral Scholars. Complete the talent scholarship application to get started. You may apply to one or more areas if you so choose.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- July 1: Application for Admission available
- August 1: Common Application available
- October 1: FAFSA Available
- November 1: Application deadline for early financial aid notification (in order to receive financial aid package before Christmas break)
- December 15: Application deadline for consideration for full amount of the following scholarships: Premier Scholarships, Talent Scholarships, and Oxbridge Scholarship. Applications received after December 15th will still be accepted, but may not be eligible for maximum scholarship amount.
- February 1: State of Missouri Priority Deadline for State grant consideration
- March 1: Priority Deadline (all auditions must be scheduled or have occurred for scholarship consideration)
- April 1: State of Missouri Deadline (if state funds are available)
- May 1: National Commitment Day