William Jewell College Prestigious Academic Scholarships
Yates Medallion Scholarship - Each year Jewell awards four students with the elite Yates Medallion Scholarship. Valued at $24,000 annually, the Yates Medallion Scholarship is Jewell’s most prestigious academic, service, and leadership scholarship. Recipients will be recognized amongst an elite group of individuals publically each fall.
Jewell Scholarship – Valued at $22,000 annually, the Jewell Scholarship is awarded based on academics, service, and leadership. Students will be selected to receive this prestigious scholarship will be recognized amongst an elite group of individuals publically each fall.
Doniphan Scholarship – A commitment to academic rigor, leadership and service define the twenty-four students who are selected to the list of Doniphan Scholars at William Jewell College. The Doniphan Scholarship is valued at $20,000 annually. Students will be recognized amongst an elite group of individuals publically each fall.
Jewell Award for Distinction Scholarship – This award is awarded to students who demonstrate success through academics, leadership, and service. All scholars will be recognized amongst an elite group of individuals publically each fall. Amount can vary.
All scholarships are renewable for 8 consecutive semesters,
with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average and full time enrollment.
Scholarship Requirements and Instructions:
All four scholarships require attendance at one of the Scholar Recognition Days and the following materials be receuved by January 31, 2014:
To be eligible to compete for Jewell’s most prestigious academic scholarships, you must:
1. Be admitted to Jewell, have a 27 ACT (1210 SAT:CR+M) and a 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
Students who applied as test optional are encouraged to compete and should contact their admission counselor to verify their eligibility.
2. Submit the following items to admission AT william.jewell DOT edu or mail to The Office of Admission at: William Jewell College, 500 College Hill, Box 1002, Liberty, MO 64068. Please include on both documents your full name, address (City, State, & Zip), and high school.
3. In 500 words or less, complete the scholarship essay, by answering the following question: Are you cool? Why or why not?
4. An academic, activity, leadership, and service resume
5. Register and attend the required Scholar Recognition Day on Saturday, February 1, February 15, or March 1. RSVP no later than one week prior to the event date you would like to attend at www.jewell.edu/login.
Scholarships will be awarded during the first week of March. Recipients will be notified by their admission counselor by phone, and then officially by mail.