The Career Mentor Program
The Career Mentor Program is offered for two months each semester (September-November and February-April). Interested students should submit an application, resume and a written reference to Career Development the semester prior to the mentorship. See information document below for more information.
For applicants to the Career Mentor Program
Career Mentor Application - typewritten application for new applicants, be sure to read instructions
Career Mentor Application -typewritten application for repeat participants, be sure to read instructions
Career Mentor Application - handwritten application for new applicants
Career Mentor Application - handwritten application for repeat particpants
Information - more details on the program
Letter of Recommendation Template - forward to a faculty or staff member
ACT-In Requirements - how the program fulfills the active engagement component for the ACT-In major
Ready to upload to eRecruiting?
- Go to www.wjc.experience.com
- In the internship search bar type ‘Career Mentor Program Spring 2014’
- Click on the open internship position
- At the bottom of the page, click ‘Upload a Resume’
- Once your resume is uploaded, you will be able to return to the previos page by clicking the link at the top of the webpage
- Then click ‘Upload an other document' here you will upload your application
- After your application is uploaded you will be able to return to the previous page once again via a link at the top of the page
- Your documents should be uploaded and then you can click 'Apply'
- This will take you to a page in which you can select which documents to use and finalize your application for the program
For students who have been accepted into the Career Mentor Program
Fall 2013 Calendar
Student Information Packet
Mentor Information Packet
If you have questions, please contact Marissa Bland at 816-415-5936 or campus extension 5936. The Career Mentor Program is a cooperative program of the Career Development Office and the Alumni Board of Governors. The Career Development Office is located in 218 Yates-Gill College Union.