Director of Career Services
William Jewell College
rychlewskj AT william.jewell DOT edu
500 College Hill WJC BOX 1058
Liberty, Missouri 64068-1896
- DIRECTOR OF CAREER SERVICES at William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri since 1976.
- Oversees departmental activities including recruiting and special programs, resume and job/grad school search counseling, job listings, candidate referrals, and graduate follow-up statistics.
- Participates in associations of employers and career services professionals.
- Directs the department's technical efforts, keeping abreast of the latest technological developments relating to career services, employers and students/alumni.
- Organized and led Service Learning missions trips to Jamaica.
- Co-chaired a sesquicentennial committee, which extended the celebration into the community.
- Advisor to the WJC student chapter of HRMA-KC 1980-2003.
- Developed and taught Career Explorations and Orientation to the Job Search courses.
- Directed Student Activities from 1976-1980.
- COUNSELOR/INSTRUCTOR at Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri from 1972 to 1976
- Director of Career Development Center and Instructor in Psychology.
- MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY from University of Missouri - Columbia.
- BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE IN PSYCHOLOGY from University of Missouri - Columbia.
- Certified interpreter of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Professional leadership includes: Secretary, COSMC-HOA Consortium (2011-present); Secretary, Kansas Association of Colleges and Employers (2007-2009); Conference Committee Chair, Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers (2002 Conference in Kansas City).
- Leadership in the community includes: current - Advisory Board Member of Shepherd Center of the Northland, Adult Sunday School Teacher of Liberty United Methodist Church; past - VP of the Greater KC Human Resource Management Association, Board Member of the Earnest Shepherd Memorial Youth Center (6 years), 4-H Assistant Club Leader (12 years).
- Early contributor to the formation of Career Connections/Brass Ring Campus (now Experience), a company that provides technology-based products to career services offices and employers.
- Franchise owner of the Diet Center of Liberty (1994-1998).