1. Contact Beth Gentry-Epley, Psy.D. - Students should contact Beth Gentry-Epley, Psy.D. Director of Counseling and Health Services to initiate a request for accomodations. Appointments with Dr. Gentry-Epley can be made by calling the Office of Counseling and Health Services at (816) 415-5946 or by sending Dr. Gentry-Epley an email at gentry-epleyb AT william.jewell DOT edu.
2. Complete the Application for Classroom Accommodations form and return to Dr. Gentry-Epley.
3. Provide Documentation - Students are expected to mail, fax, or deliver to the Office of Counseling and Health Services current documentation of their disability and accommodation needs as determined by a qualified medical or other licensed professional evaluator. Please refer to the documentation guidelines provided on this website for additional information on providing proper documentation.
4. Attend Follow-up Meeting in some cases - After the documentation has been reviewed by the Director of Counseling and Health Services, and in some cases the Dean of Students, a follow-up meeting may be scheduled. For some students this additional meeting is necessary to discuss the decisions made regarding accommodation requests as well as to determine the most effective ways for services to be provided.
5. Sign a Release of Information Form - Students must sign a Release of Information form in order for the Director of Counseling and Health Services to notify professors, as well as academic advisors, of the approved classroom accommodations.
6. Talk to Professors - Unless students request that the information be relayed differently, faculty will be made aware of accommodations via email from the Director of Counseling and Health Services. Students will be copied on this email. They should also meet with each of their professors at the beginning of the semester to confirm the accommodations that have been approved. Students are encouraged to discuss with their professors how to best implement the accommodations.