On-line Forms and Requested Documents
2014-2015 Verification Worksheets
Students selected by the U.S. Department of Education for Verification must submit necessary documentation to receive federal and/or state financial assistance, and in some cases institutional need-based grants. The worksheets below complete the verification process; however, in some situations, not all verification worksheets are required. Therefore, we recommend contacting the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services before printing all worksheets below.
Family Household Size | Family Household Size (For Independent Students Only)
Student/Applicant 2013 Income
Parent 2013 Income
Child Support Paid and/or Received
Federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Status
The Department of Education does not consider financially independent students as "Independent" per federal guidelines. In order to file a FAFSA without parental information you, the student applicant, must qualify for one of the following criteria:
- Born before January 1, 1991
- Have children whom you provide more than half of their financial support
- Working on a master's or doctorate program
- Serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Both parents are deceased since turning age 13
- Placed in foster care since turning age 13
- A dependent or ward of the court since turning age 13
- Currently (or was) an emancipated minor
- Currently (or was) in court appointed legal guardianship
- Homeless or at risk of being homeless according to your high school, emergency shelter or transitional housing/living program, or runaway or homeless youth basic center
- Have dependents, other than children or spouse, who live with you and whom you provide more than half of their financial support.
Household Size Clarification
If you are dependent, by way of answering "No" to all criteria above, your household must include all persons within your parents' household. This includes:
- Your parents (both if married, including stepparent if remarried),
- Your parents other children if they receive more than half of their financial support from your parents between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015, or the children could answer "No" to every criteria in the Independent Status section above,
- Other people residing with your parents for whom more than half of their financial support is received from your parents between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015.
If your parents are single, divorced or separated, you must list the household for which parent you lived with more during the past 12 months. If you did not live with one parent more than the other, give answers about the parent who provided more financial support during the past 12 months, or during the most recent year that you actually received support from a parent.
If you are an independent student, by way of answering "Yes" to any one criteria above, your household must include:
- Yours spouse (if married),
- Your children if they receive more than half of their financial support from you,
- Other people residing with you for whom you provide more than half of their financial support.
Household Members Attending College
Household members attending college includes any member who will attend, at least half-time in 2014-2015, a program that leads to a college degree or certificate. Do not include your parents if you are a dependent student. Include yourself.
2013-2014 Verification Worksheets
For students verifying a 2013-2014 FAFSA for the spring 2014 or summer 2014 terms.
Verifying your family Household Size
Verifying Income for individuals who have filed 2012 taxes, or will file taxes
Verifying Income for individuals who will not file 2012 taxes.
Verifying Child Support benefits
Verifying Federal SNAP Benefits
2013-2014 Supplemental Information
For students whose 2013-2014 FAFSA application does not accurately reflect the current family financial situation.
Financial Aid Supplement
PLUS Request Form
NEW for 2013-2014!
Financial Planning Form