2015 Talent Scholarships
- Major and non-major, vocal or instrumental
- Submit the Music Questionnaire and Music Department Scholarship Application
- Schedule an audition at one of the pre-set audition times. Audition requirements include two solo pieces of contrasting style
- Audition music should be equivalent to that presented at state festivals. Taped accompaniment is not permitted.
- Audition will also include sight-reading, and/or ear-training exercises
Non-majors awarded a scholarship are required to participate in at least one vocal or instrumental ensemble each year and may also be required to take private lessons. For more information or to schedule an appointment contact Anne Aunspaugh, Administrative Associate music AT william.jewell DOT edu or (816) 415-7537.
- $5,000 Scholarship offered to a select group of performers
- See requirements for Music Scholarship above.
- Major and non-major
- Audition consisting of a four-minute acting piece portraying a single character
- Technical theatre scholarships require submission of a portfolio and on-campus interview.
- High school or community college participation in competitive debate
- Letter of application describing your level of experience and individual record
- Interview with Kevin Garner, Director of Debate
For more information or to schedule an appointment contact Kevin Garner, Director of Debate and Instructor of Communication,garnert AT william.jewell DOT edu or (816) 415-5995.
Journalism Scholarship (The Hilltop Monitor and WJC Sports Network Broadcasting Team)
- Letter of application describing high school or community college journalistic involvement, personal strengths, and what you enjoy about working with the school paper
- Portfolio of work with your school
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher who can comment on your ability and work ethic
- Prescribed involvement with Jewell's "The Hilltop Monitor" and/or WJC Sports Network Broadcasting Team
To submit your portfolio or for more information contact your Admission Counselor.
Stephanie DeClue, Director of Library Services,declues AT william.jewell DOT edu or (816) 415-7606.
Rick Cole, Director of Broadcast Media,coleri AT william.jewell DOT edu or (816) 415-5930