Jobs at Jewell: Administrative Assistant
Department: Department of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Department of Nursing seeks a full-time administrative assistant to assist the department team by providing the necessary administrative support, projects and records management, correspondence, and coordination of various events. Reports directly to the Chair of the Nursing Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for chair and department faculty
- Provide professional assistance to students, faculty, and visitors
- Attend and/or coordinate department events
- Maintain department Outlook calendars, Moodle sites, and e-board including scheduling of conference rooms
- Assist the department in day-to-day office activities such as answering telephones, greeting guests, coordinating projects, transcribing and taking minutes, managing mailings and files, maintaining office equipment and supplies, managing library publications, and coordinating work orders
- Utilize computer software applications necessary for generating reports, spreadsheets, databases, distribution lists, etc.
- Coordinate projects for work study student - share in directing and providing projects for work study student (copies, errands, etc.)
- Assist with ATI TEAS exams (payment collection and proctoring)
- Provide Notary services (if applicable)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college coursework desired
- Two or more years of general office experience in a busy, automated office
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills in an environment with interruptions
- Ability to work in a team environment with staff, faculty and other departments
- Willingness to assume a variety of responsibilities and take initiative on projects
- Ability to handle diverse duties with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptive to change; positive attitude and a focus on finding solutions
- Normal office environment
- Atmosphere of competing priorities and deadlines as well as varied responsibilities
- Some evening and weekend work required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of working being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. All material should be submitted for the search committee to review.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.