Jobs at Jewell: Administrative Assistant
Department: Department of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Acts as the primary administrative support for the Department of Nursing; is the first contact for visitors, students, staff, faculty and telephone callers to the Department of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a friendly and professional atmosphere for all students, faculty, and visitors
- Work directly with the Office Manager/Compliance Coordinator, Program Clinical Coordinator and Nursing Admission Coordinator
- Maintain office equipment
- Procure office supplies, gifts, and maintain inventory
- Schedule classroom reservations
- Attend department meetings; take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Manage and Update Nursing Commons e-board
- Maintain department contacts
- Order library publication materials and maintain library budget
- Review, evaluate, and select general office services
- Maintain student academic and advising files
- Coordinate clerical support for work study student and special projects
- Assist with exams
- Provide Notary services (if applicable)
- Prepare exams, quizzes, and other class documents as needed
- Assist with grade reports
- Create and maintain AV equipment schedule every semester and assist with AV set up
- Coordinate AV/smart room training for all faculty on a one to one basis
- Oversee department computers
- Print student reference letters and prepare for mailing as needed
- Assist with Admission & Progression letters
- Proctor assessments and tests as needed
- Collect and process forms and funds for various department activities
- Reorganize student mailboxes each semester
- Serve as department contact for student verification letter requests from hospitals and agencies
- Maintain NUR_SE Moodle Service and Scholarship site/sections
- Maintain student and faculty databases
- Create and maintain department e-mail distribution lists
- Take lead on all department events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two or more years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer skills required.
- Demonstrate sound verbal and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Ability to function independently in a flexible, student-centered environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of working being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Submit cover letter, resume and application by email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.