Jobs at Jewell: Admission Counselor
Department: Office of Admission
FLSA Status: Exempt
The College seeks a goal oriented individual to manage a geographic recruitment territory and enroll students in the freshman class. Responsibilities include coordinating high school visits, meeting and cultivating relationships with guidance counselors, organizing and coordinating hotel receptions and interviews, attending college fairs, and maintaining an aggressive campaign of electronic, written and telephone communication with prospective students and parents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage assigned recruitment territory, to include prospect management, outreach, recruitment travel, counselor relations, application review and admission decisions.
Plan and implement recruitment travel, including scheduling appointments at high schools and responding to college fair invitations.
Evaluate admission applications and make admission decisions or recommendations to the admission committee.
Cultivate relationships with prospective students through extensive phone contact, email, personal interviews and campus visits.
Develop and manage relationships with parents, college counselors and other influencers through regular interviews, correspondence, and communication throughout the recruitment cycle.
Provide interviews and information sessions for individual students, parents, and student groups.
Conduct campus tours when student tour guides are unavailable.
Assist with and/or coordinate special events both on and off campus.
Maintain accurate information on the College, its market, and the admission profession.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Admission.
Promote the Mission, Promise, Values and Vision of the College in daily activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
Must possess diplomacy, tact and discretion.
An outgoing personality and the ability to motivate others to action.
Strong analytic ability, creativity, and organizational skills.
Adaptability to PC and CRM environments, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Systematic problem-solver with the ability to self-start and direct.
- Desire to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Flexible and adaptive to change; positive attitude and a focus on finding solutions.
- Eagerness to grow professionally and a willingness/ability to self-direct professional growth.
- Willingness to go outside normal job functions to accomplish goals and tasks is essential.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and approach to work.
- Normal working/office hours required. Position entails long hours during parts of the academic year, based upon key periods within the admission cycle.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Energy and drive to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel out of town.
- Commitment to higher education.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resource
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.