Jobs at Jewell: Assistant Athletic Trainer / Physical Education
Instructor (Eleven-month position)
Department: Athletics / Physical Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assists the Head Athletic Trainer in providing athletic training services, organization, management, and development of the William Jewell College sports medicine program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in providing comprehensive health care for students in 20 intercollegiate sports.
- Travel with athletic teams as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Assist in supervision of student trainers and work-study students.
- Communicate with coaches, parents, team physician, and Athletic Director.
- Assist in maintaining injury records.
- Assist with pre-participant exams.
- Assist with the administration of the institutional drug testing program.
- Assist in compiling insurance and medical history information prior to athletic participation.
- Assist in purchasing, inventory, and supply orders.
- Teach course(s) in physical education or related area.
- Other duties assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in physical education, health science or related field.
- Red Cross CPR/First Aid instructor preferred but not required.
- NATA Certified, CPR, AED and First Aid Certified.
- Ability to lift and carry 50-75 pounds.
- Ability to withstand adverse weather conditions, i.e. extreme heat or cold.
- Long hours and weekend work are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
• Cover letter
• William Jewell College application
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check and essential occupational functions test prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission Statement: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.