Jobs at Jewell: Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services - POSITION FILLED
Department: Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Director will assist with the supervision of staff to process all daily activities and operations of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services, and counsel students and families regarding the various forms of financial aid available and student eligibility according to prescribed Federal regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in the supervision of daily departmental operations; supervise one or two full-time staff positions and up to four part-time student employees
- Assist in operating a compliant office with Federal Title IV, state and NCAA regulations, including the training of colleagues in various applications
- Administer all institutional and state scholarship platforms including institutional merit and talent awards, endowed scholarship stewardship program, Missouri Colleges Fund, and other various scholarship programs
- Review applications and award financial aid to student applicants including first-year and upper-class applicants according to prescribed Federal, State and institutional guidelines, policies and regulations
- Process Federal applications and corrections, including verification and professional judgment reviews for supplemental requests
- Manage the Ellucian Colleague Federal Student Aid delivery process and initiate semester disbursements for federal and state aid programs and conduct monthly reconciliations for all programs for cash flow considerations
- Support of Federal Work Study program allocations for Human Resources and payroll services and organize community service programs
- Counsel students and parents in the financial aid application process and related matters – including on- and off-campus workshop settings
- Coordinate with Business Office, Registrar and Admission Office on services provided within Cardinal Services, specifically the accessibility of financial aid materials, award information and knowledge in financial aid programs
- Develop innovative strategies and counseling solutions to assist in the recruitment and retention of students and provide content for the financial aid website
- Assist with on- and off-campus recruitment events including, but not limited to individual and large groups, special events, receptions, workshops, conferences, pre-registration and orientation activities
- Conduct annual research projects, surveys and other compilation of data inquiries, and perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytic ability, creativity, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in Apple operating systems, PC and mainframe environments
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience in developing enrollment and/or financial reports preferred
- Minimum two years of financial aid or related higher education experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A combination of expert financial aid experience and education below a Bachelor’s degree will be considered
- Commitment to higher education
- Normal working/office hours required
- Occasional night and/or weekend work will be required during peak recruiting and processing season
- Regular and predictable attendance is expected
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhausive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.