Jobs at Jewell: Assistant Professor of Accounting
Department: Department of Business and Leadership
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Department of Business and Leadership seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure track faculty member who will be responsible for teaching, scholarship and service roles in the Department of Business and Leadership. This individual will be a part of the Business and Leadership faculty with her/his primary teaching responsibilities in the area of accounting. The successful candidate must have a combination of academic and practical experience in the field of accounting. College teaching experience is desirable and a scholarly agenda and willingness to provide service to the department and the College community is expected.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Business or related field preferred. ABD applicants will be considered as well as MBA/MA applicants who have extensive experience in the field of accounting and who have a CPA or CMA. Rank will depend on qualifications brought to the position.
- A willingness to be entrepreneurial to continually seek ways to grow and enhance a program to consistently provide outstanding students who will thrive in the business community.
- Must have the flexibility and capacity for shaping introductory through advanced courses around the candidate's areas of specialization.
- A high aptitude for and interest in undergraduate teaching.
- A commitment to teach accounting from a liberal arts perspective and potential participation in the College’s Critical Thought and Inquiry (CTI) program.
- A desire to develop and engage in innovative pedagogical approaches.
- A willingness to assume a variety of responsibilities in a small department.
- Vision for a scholarship agenda.
- A desire to engage experiential components of the curriculum to further enhance the student experience.
- A willingness to contribute to the College’s mission as described in the mission statement (see below).
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching responsibilities in the Department of Business and Leadership could include the following based on experience and expertise: accounting, finance, and possibly general business courses.
- Primarily teach accounting, but also other courses in the Department of Business and Leadership.
- Advise students in the accounting and business administration majors.
- Develop a scholarship plan and make progression on described goals.
- Other responsibilities will include service to the department and the College.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- William Jewell College application (available at www.jewell.edu/jobs)
- Transcripts (copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
- Brief statement of teaching philosophy plus any additional evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Three confidential letters of recommendation (to be sent directly by your referees), along with name and contact information for the referees
- Statement of how you would contribute to the College mission (see below)
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Submissions are currently being reviewed by the search committee. New applications are still being accepted. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.