Jobs at Jewell: Assistant Professor of Nonprofit Leadership - POSITION FILLED
Department: Business and Leadership
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Department of Business and Leadership seeks applicants for a full-time Assistant Professor of Nonprofit Leadership position to begin August 1, 2014. This position may have a tenure track option if the candidate’s credentials meet tenure track requirements. The successful candidate must have training and experience in nonprofit organizations. In addition, the candidate should have proven aptitude in teaching to fulfill teaching needs in the department, the range of which are listed under duties and responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching responsibilities in the Department of Business and Leadership could include the following based on experience: Nonprofit Advocacy and Public Policy, Nonprofit Board and Committee Development, Nonprofit Service Learning, Meeting Facilitation and Strategic Planning, Financial Development for Nonprofit Organizations. Other duties include:
- Vision casting and administration for the Nonprofit Leadership Major.
- Lead the WJC Nonprofit Leadership Student Association (NLA).
- Advising students in the Nonprofit Leadership Major, Minor and NLA.
- Supervision of nonprofit student interns.
- Progress in an active research program.
- Community relations with local and regional nonprofit organizations.
- Co-teaching in the Doniphan Leadership Institute.
- Other responsibilities will include advising, recruiting and service to the Department and the College.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Nonprofit Leadership or related field preferred (and required to advance above the rank of Assistant Professor). ABD and Master applicants will be considered if coupled with extensive experience. Rank is dependent upon credentials and experience.
- Previous experience in leadership roles with nonprofit organizations.
- A willingness to be entrepreneurial and grow a new and developing program.
- A willingness to assume a variety of responsibilities in a small department.
- Record of teaching excellence. Candidates not possessing a doctorate or terminal degree will need three years successful teaching experience to be appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Evidence of an entry-level record of scholarly activity or developed research agenda.
- A willingness to contribute to the college mission as described in the mission statement (see below).
- Standard office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhausive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- William Jewell College application
- Transcripts (copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
- Brief statement of teaching philosophy plus any additional evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Description of your scholarly interests
- Two or three confidential letters of recommendation (to be sent directly by your referees), along with name and contact information for the referees
- Statement of how you would contribute to our college mission (see below)
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. All material should be submitted by June 1 for the search committee to review. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.