Jobs at Jewell: Assistant or Associate Professor of Education- Reading
Department: Department of Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Department of Education at William Jewell College seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate level to begin August 2013. The successful candidate must have a combination of preparation and school teaching experience in reading instruction.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. required at the Associate and Assistant level, but ABD applicants will be considered at the Instructor level.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in reading (ABD considered).
- Preferred candidates will have education/experience in two or more of the following areas: elementary social studies, elementary science, differentiated instruction, educational psychology, multicultural education, exceptional children, classroom management, educational technology.
- Record of teaching excellence. 5-years at rank of Assistant Professor for appointment at Associate Professor level
- 1-6 teaching certification and experience are required
- Evidence of scholarly achievement and potential for more.
- Commitment to participate in the interdisciplinary Core Curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching responsibilities within the Department of Education will include classes in elementary language arts, elementary reading, diagnosis and correction of reading problems, secondary content area reading and other education courses consistent with successful candidate’s expertise.
- May contribute to the College’s Core curriculum.
- Pursue an active research program resulting in scholarly productivity.
- Other responsibilities will include fieldwork supervision in schools, academic advising and involvement in College and departmental activities.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Response to the college mission
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Statement of research plans
- Transcripts (copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
- Three letters of recommendation (for finalists only)
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.