Jobs at Jewell: Assistant or Associate Professor of Education- Reading
Department: Department of Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Department of Education at William Jewell College seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate level to begin August 2014. The successful candidate must believe passionately in learning centered instruction, demonstrate facility with the latest teaching technologies and enthusiastically embrace innovations in teaching and learning.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in reading required at the Associate and Assistant level; ABD candidates will be considered at the Instructor level
- Record of teaching excellence required
- 5 years at rank of Assistant Professor required for Associate Professor level
- Elementary school teaching certification and experience are required; preference will be given to candidates who have experience in and are able to teach some combination of elementary science, differentiated instruction, instructional data use, or content area reading in addition to the required courses listed below
- Record of scholarship required
- Commitment to participate in the Interdisciplinary Core Curriculum
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching responsibilities within the Department of Education will include elementary language arts, elementary reading, diagnosis and correction of reading disabilities and other courses pursuant to candidate's expertise
- Supervision of student teachers and fieldwork students consistent with assigned schedule
- May teach in the College’s Core curriculum
- Pursue an active research program resulting in scholarly productivity
- Other responsibilities will include academic advising and College/departmental committee work and activities
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Additional documentation will be requested from those selected for interview.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Deadline for application is February 15, 2014.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.