Jobs at Jewell: Associate Dean of Admission
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Associate Dean provides vision and leadership for recruitment efforts in the Office of Admission. The Associate Dean is a member of the senior leadership team and responsible for direct supervision of Counselor, Visit, and Event staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Dean of Admission in creating strategic recruitment plans.
- Provide direct supervision of the recruitment team.
- Counsel and coach recruitment team to manage relationships with prospective students, parents, college counselors, and other influencers throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Coordinate recruitment publication design and production, with in-house creative team and 3rd party vendors.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the communication flow.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Admission to write publications, letters, emails, web, and social media content.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of campus visits and events.
- Work with the enrollment leadership team to guide the recruitment, admission and financial aid processes of the College.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of ongoing professional development activities for the Admission staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Admission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) with at least five years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated success in admissions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze enrollment trends and implement new admission practices as needed.
- Strong understanding of recruitment technology.
- Ability to implement new media into the recruitment process.
- Strong analytical skills including data gathering, analysis, assessment and evaluation, and evidence based planning.
- Strong creativity and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of or demonstrated ability to learn CRM technology.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- An understanding and appreciation for the College’s mission, promise, values, and vision.
- Systematic problem-solver with the ability to self-start and direct.
- Desire to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Flexible and adaptive to change; positive attitude and a focus on finding solutions.
- Eagerness to grow professionally and a willingness/ability to self-direct professional growth.
- Willingness to go outside normal job functions to accomplish goals and tasks is essential.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and approach to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Submit cover letter, resume and application by email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Screening of applicants will begin upon receipt of resumes. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.