Jobs at Jewell: Campus Ministry Intern
Department: Chaplain's Office
FLSA Status: N/A (Unpaid Internship)
This position is designed for a seminary student to serve 10 hours per week during the Fall 2014 and Spring 2014 semesters in a campus ministry setting. The Campus Ministry Intern (CMI) will focus on ministry skill development, relationship building within the campus community and personal spiritual growth. The CMI will direct student leaders as they lead various programs.
The CMI will fulfill the necessary requirements outlined in his/her institution’s supervised ministry program; including required hours, covenant with supervisor, assignments and ongoing discussions and evaluation. The CMI will affirm the College’s Mission and support the existing model for ministry on campus.
- Build relationships with students
- Encourage student leader development
- Support CSM Program as a whole and lead in specific areas assigned by the Chaplain
- Hours may include evenings and weekends
- Earned undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- Enrolled in accredited Master of Divinity program or its equivalent
- Interest in Student Ministry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work cooperatively with and teach students
- Specific areas of ministry will be determined based on the skills and abilities of the intern
- This position has been established as an unpaid internship
- The CMI will be reimbursed for travel expenses at the rate of $60 per week
- The CI will serve on campus, utilizing the CSM Office – 101 Gano Chapel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.