Jobs at Jewell: Education Clinical, Compliance and Data Coordinator
Department: Department of Education
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Department of Education at William Jewell College seeks a half-time (20 hours per week) Clinical, Compliance and Data Coordinator. The successful candidate must have experience working with K-12 schools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teacher Education Program Approval and Compliance
- Department contact regarding all compliance issues
- Attend campus-wide compliance meetings and follow-up to complete required actions.
- Work with other campus offices (i.e., Registrar’s office) to facilitate our reporting requirements/compliance.
- Attend DESE meetings and training as required.
- Monitor all webinars, DESE and Title II communications and brief the Chair as needed (at least monthly).
- Call impending state and federal regulatory change to the attention of the Chair.
- Assist the Chair in meeting all external reporting requirements (minimum of three reports annually, Title II, IPeds, MoSPE); collect data as needed; report preparation and writing; interaction with faculty regarding changes.
- Communicate all teacher education testing requirements to students and coordinate testing administration as needed.
- Identify data collection requirements of state and federal government for program approval/operation.
- Apprise Department faculty of data requirements and subsequent to departmental discussion and decision, implement a system of data collection that responds to state and federal regulation.
- Keep Administrative Assistant and Chair apprised of data point (collection) requirements and/or procedural changes.
- Coordinate compilation of trend data with Administrative Assistant (using ‘old’ and ‘new’ data)
- Work with Administrative Assistant to insure required data is captured and entered into databases for analysis.
- Analyze teacher education program data and make recommendations to the faculty.
- Align external accountability requirements with Departmental assessment plan calling need for change to faculty attention; revise assessment plan as decided by faculty.
Clinical Placements, Contacts and Compliance
- Identify and select potential clinical sites with rotation each semester.
- Initiate and maintain current contacts with all cooperating schools/local educational agencies.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with schools/LEA’s.
- Negotiate placements (times, # of students, variations, etc.) with schools/districts/LEA’s.
- Communicate to Department Chair all site-specific placement requirements and work together to meet these requirements.
- Issue and maintain all required communications pursuant to all fieldwork placements with cooperating schools/LEA’s including memoranda of understanding with each school/district.
- Coordinate background check process and compliance with Administrative Assistant.
- Align course assignments from various courses with specific fieldwork.
- Communicate to students all requirements including assignments to be done for various courses and professional demeanor and performance expectations.
- Conduct on-site cooperating teacher meetings to establish expectations and negotiate shared definitions. Engage in continuous communication with cooperating teachers as needed.
- Assign students to placements considering logistics.
- Maintain electronic files of all required field placement documentation.
- Troubleshoot all problems related to clinical fieldwork.
- Visit each placement at least once each semester; communicate with each cooperating teacher regarding student performance; insure all fieldwork site requirements are being met. Engage Department Chair as appropriate in facilitating resolution of fieldwork issues if intervention is needed.
- Monitor effectiveness of placements and communicate issues to the Chair.
- Work with Administrative Assistant to issue, review and record student performance evaluation and data.
- Work with Administrative Assistant to track every placement for every student during teacher education program.
- Refer issues surrounding student performance in fieldwork to the Chair.
- Attend MACTE clinical coordinators and data manager meetings.
- Participate in Department of Education meetings.
- Attend and assist with Departmental events as needed.
- Refer students to Care Teams as needed; participate in sessions as needed.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Experience working with or in K-12 schools required.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Autonomous worker who can work efficiently and effectively with little direction.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to use database programs to analyze data.
- Knowledge of or experience in Missouri certification and/or teacher education accreditation requirements and processes preferred.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applicant files will begin January 2, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.