Jobs at Jewell: Director of Development - POSITION FILLED
Department: Harriman-Jewell Series
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the oversight and execution of the Harriman-Jewell Series development program. Develops and meets yearly fundraising goals to support the budget of the Series. Reports directly to the Executive/Artistic Director and works closely to identify, cultivate, and solicit current and potential donors. Works with the Executive/Artistic Director and the Associate Executive Director to develop and communicate strategy to enhance the mission of the Series. Works as a team member with the entire Harriman staff as well as the staff of the Advancement Office to promote the Harriman-Jewell Series and William Jewell College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs private fundraising initiatives, particularly cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts
- Leads and manages government and public-funding opportunities
- Develops, markets and implements planned giving strategies – The Encore Society
- Manages Annual Fundraising initiatives
- Supervises all development operations and procedures including donor stewardship and reporting
- Serves as liaison to Harriman Council and Advisory Board and works with volunteers on fundraising initiatives
- Shapes and drives a strategic planning process, in partnership with the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director, to ensure growth and direction of the Series
- Supervises Manager of Development and Finance
- Represents the College at public functions and events, including all Harriman-Jewell Series performances and other social gatherings that may provide direct contact with Harriman donors
- Accepts other projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years of experience in direct solicitation major-gift fundraising preferred
- Ability to speak and write convincingly and with clarity is essential, as well as the ability to think creatively and critically
- Exhibits aptitude for working in a team context and accepting responsibility for the success of one’s colleagues as well as one’s own success
- Ability to employ self-initiative and to work independently while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Supervises the Manager of Development and Finance
- Standard office environment
- Some travel and night and/or weekend work may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhausive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.