Jobs at Jewell: Financial Aid Specialist
Department: Financial Aid and Scholarship Services (Cardinal Services)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Financial Aid Specialist is a front line student service position responsible for electronic processes involved in daily financial aid application processing, financial aid counseling, locating available financial aid resources, accurately awarding financial aid funds to prospective and current students in compliance with federal, state and institutional policies, and other related services. In addition, the individual will understand and support the mission of William Jewell College and will work effectively within a diverse population.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Federal, state and institutional regulations pertaining to financial aid program administration.
- Review and award financial aid to applicants according to prescribed guidelines, policies and regulations as necessary.
- Advise students and families regarding available financial aid and the aid application process.
- Coordinate institutional and non-institutional scholarship programs.
- Process Federal applications including ISIR receipts, corrections via FAA Access, and Federal online applications.
- Implement and maintain Communication Management application tracking of student financial aid applications using the Ellucian Colleague administrative computer system and proprietary software programs.
- Serve as a backup for counseling students on loan indebtedness.
- Perform various office functions including processing of early financial aid estimators, word processing, customized reporting using Ellucian Colleague system, extensive use of various software programs.
- Assist with on- and off-campus recruitment events including, but not limited to individual and large groups, special events, receptions, workshops, conferences, pre-registration and orientation activities.
- Knowledge of student accounts receivables, cash management, and enrollment reporting.
- Assist in the daily functions of Cardinal Services as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous financial aid or related experience preferred.
- Formal training in systems and data processing preferred.
- Proficiency in communication skills—both oral and written required.
- Adaptability to PC and mainframe environments and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Windows).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer.
Normal office environment. Occasional night and/or weekend work may be required during peak processing season. Regular and predictable attendance is expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of working being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Submit cover letter, resume and application by email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.