Jobs at Jewell: Fraternity Complex Manager (Part-TIme)
Department: Student Life
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Fraternity Complex Manager (FCM) is a part-time professional staff member who serves the College as an integral part of the Residence Life Staff, ten (10) months per academic year (August 1 – May 31). The FCM reports directly to the Greek Advisor and the Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life. The FCM lives in an apartment within one of the houses at the Fraternity Complex and works with fraternity men in areas of advising, programming (spiritual, social, educational and cultural), education, administration and general operation of each house. The FCM is one of the primary frontline contacts for fraternity men regarding their residency on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a role model for students in every aspect of College and community life.
- Represent and support Residence Life and the College in interactions with students, faculty, staff, parents and guests.
- Be familiar with all printed materials directly affecting the operation of Residence Life, such as forms, handbooks and procedural correspondence, etc.
- Know, understand, adhere to and uphold all College and Residential policies and regulations.
- Needs to have a presence in the fraternity houses on a regular basis to build relationships and provide direction.
- Be able to work under pressure and stressful conditions and serve as front line staff if emergencies occur in the Fraternity Complex.
- Collaborate with Facilities Management staff to ensure proper maintenance/up-keep and custodial services of the building.
- Attend all staff meetings, training, development and in-service functions.
- Maintain duty hours of approximately 10-15 hours/week.
- Conduct regularly scheduled house inspections with each fraternity’s leadership to ensure house management guidelines are observed.
- Responsible for record/information collection/management for all three fraternity houses.
- Participate in the formation, implementation and evaluation of the goals and objectives of the overall residence life program.
- Serve as point person for emergency responses, procedures and crises for the Fraternity Complex.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Four-year college degree preferred; prior Greek life, residence life or related field experience preferred. Strong organizational and communication skills (written and oral) and schedule flexibility are a must.
Mixture of weekends and nights are an expected aspect of the position incorporated into a live-in environment with college students. At times, regular office work.
Pursuing and engaging in part-time work outside of the campus position is approved, in consultation with the Greek Advisor and Director of Residence Life.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Compensation includes rent/maintenance-free, year-round residence (furnished apartment located inside one of the Fraternity Complex houses) and board plan (unlimited meals during academic year excluding breaks), plus an hourly wage. Opportunities for additional paid work may be available throughout the year.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.