Jobs at Jewell: Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Department: Athletics and Physical Education
FLSA Status: GA Stipend
Assist the Athletic Training Staff in providing athletic training services to intercollegiate athletes, as well as organization, management, and development of the William Jewell College sports medicine program while earning an approved Master's degree of your choice. Ten-month position beginning August 1, 2015.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Athletic Training Staff in providing comprehensive health care for student-athletes in 20 intercollegiate sports
- Event, practice coverage and travel with athletic teams as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Assist in supervision of athletic training students and work-study student employees
- Communicate with athletic training staff, coaches, parents, team physician, and Athletic Director
- Assist in maintaining athlete files and injury records
- Assist with pre-participation examinations and compiling and entering all necessary athletic medical forms
- Assist in purchasing, inventory, and supply orders
- Other duties assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director
- Bachelor's degree required in Athletic Training from CAAHEP or CAATE accredited college/university
- NATA BOC Certified or exam eligible (must successfully complete BOC certification exam before start date)
- Eligible for Missouri State Licensure
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently
- Must meet requirements for admittance to an approved graduate program
- Ability to lift and carry 50-75 pounds
- Ability to withstand adverse weather conditions, i.e. extreme heat or cold
- Long hours and weekend work are required
- Partial tuition remittance (12 semester hours per calendar year) accompanied by a $7,000 stipend with opportunities for additional compensation by providing coverage for special events and summer camps throughout the year
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhausive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin on March 30, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.