Jobs at Jewell: Graphic Designer (no longer accepting applications)
Department: College Relations and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Graphic Designer conceptualizes, designs and executes print and electronic materials that effectively communicate the desired message and enforce the College’s brand. The candidate must have proven project management skills and the ability to work with varied constituents including academic departments, programs, administrative offices, athletics, admission, alumni and vendors. The Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage production, design and printing of multimedia materials including invitations, programs, posters, enewsletters, logos, course catalogs, athletic promotions, program initiatives, signs and image campaigns
- Design the printed alumni magazine and assist with layout of electronic version
- Provide technical and creative support to the admission staff in producing recruiting publications
- Work with project managers to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production and print buying; track projects to ensure proper and timely completion
- Responsible for print and prepress service specifications, purchasing, approvals and quality control; interface with printers to communicate specifications, gather bids and approve proofs
- Assist the web developer with graphic design and production
- Contribute to the editorial development of projects; assist in proofing and editing publications and directing photography shoots
- Assist in maintaining the College's graphic standards and branding in all materials
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, art or related field preferred
- Must have minimum two years of relevant design experience (print, layout and digital)
- Outstanding skills in written and verbal communication and desktop publishing
- Creativity and strong project management skills are essential
- Social media expertise a plus
- Must be fluent in current graphic design practices and web production software, including Adobe CS and Microsoft Office, and familiar with HTML
- Standard office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhausive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.