Jobs at Jewell: Grounds Assistant
Department: Facilities Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Mows, trims, and fertilizes lawns and trees; removes trash from campus buildings; removes snow from campus walkways and parking lots; repairs walks, roads and parking lots.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mows and trims lawns
- Applies fertilizer to trees and lawns
- Picks up outside trash and transfers to packer; assists with inside trash removal
- Plants and trims trees and shrubs
- Removes snow from steps, walks, roadways, and parking lots
- Sets up and prepares for outside activities and events
- Assists grounds superintendent as necessary
- Makes repairs to walks, roads and parking lots
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment and perform basic maintenance and repairs
- Prior experience preferred
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold while shoveling snow in winter or mowing grass in summer
- Must operate potentially hazardous equipment such as mower, weed eater, or hedge trimmers
- Heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs) required
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, employees and the campus community
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhausive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.