Jobs at Jewell: Head Volleyball Coach
Department: Physical Education and Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Head Volleyball is responsible for the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport and exercised direct supervision of recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sports. The Head Volleyball Coach is fully responsible for compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations as well as Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) rules and College policies governing intercollegiate athletics. The Head Volleyball Coach may also be responsible for teaching physical education and recreation courses and/or advising students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in coordination with the Offices of Admission and Financial Aid.
- Develop and manage the sport operations budget including equipment, travel, meals, uniforms, supplies, etc.
- Manages the sport scholarship budget in coordination with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Conduct the sport program in strict accordance with NCAA and GLVC rules and regulations.
- Recruit and supervise coaching staff.
- Organize and administer practice sessions and off-season conditioning program.
- Conduct summer youth camps and clinics.
- Organize and participate in community service and fund raising activities.
- Develop relationships with alumni and other friends and supporters of the College.
- Teach academic and/or activity courses.
- Work cooperatively as a member of the Athletics/Physical Education and Recreation staff and the College community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Progressive experience as a coach in the sport, head coach and collegiate experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in physical education or related field is preferred with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in academic programs.
- Familiarity with appropriate athletic governing organization rules and regulations (NCAA, GLVC).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education.
Normal office environment as well as indoor and outdoor athletics facilities. Some travel required. Evening and weekend work required. Physically able to lift 25 pounds and attend practice and competitive sessions indoors and outdoors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of working being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Submit cover letter, resume and application by email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.