POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Assistant (part-time) - POSITION FILLED
DEPARTMENT: Office of Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (half-time, benefit eligible)
The Human Resources Assistant provides assistance to applicants, employees and retirees in a friendly and caring manner; administrative support to the Associate Director of Human Resources, and processes and maintains personnel records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily office support tasks include greeting visitors, answers common HR and benefit questions for employees and retirees, filing paperwork in employee, retiree, and benefit files, answering phones, opening mail, operating office equipment, and maintaining office supplies, and benefit information and forms.
- Processes payroll, background checks and benefit paperwork for new hires, terminations, employee changes and open enrollment.
- Becomes certified to E-Verify I-9 forms and stays current on regulations.
- Inputs and maintains employee information, benefit enrollments, terms and changes in HR and payroll systems, accounting systems, and insurance provider websites.
- Processes employment applications and resumes, maintains applicant files and materials.
- Posts job advertisements on Jewell’s website using common web-content management software and on other job sources as requested.
- Processes insurance payments from retirees.
- Assists with employee and retiree meetings.
- Prepares the Human Resources report for The View from the Hill publication.
- Creates, distributes, and updates employee, retiree and trustee ID cards.
- Assists with reconciliation of insurance and vendor invoices.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Coordinator and student workers on projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework preferred.
- Minimum of two years of office experience required.
- A high level of service orientation is a priority.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, particularly in Word and Excel.
- Proficiency or the ability to become proficient in various computer applications. Current software includes ContentM, Datatel, Millennium, Schlage, E-Verify, insurance databases.
- Must be tactful, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and logistical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters judiciously.
- Ability to learn new processes and software on a regular basis.
- Ability to withstand pressure of competing priorities and deadlines as well as varied responsibilities.
- Normal office environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications for the position.
Submit cover letter, resume and application electronically in MS Word or PDF format to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu.
Applicants, who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Human Resources department.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.