Department: Facilities Management
Position Title: Maintenance Electrician
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Services, installs and repairs electricial devices throughout the campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects compressors weekly; checks belts visually; check oil and filters; drains water out of tanks.
- Maintains lighting; changes bulbs and ballasts in fixtures.
- Installs and maintains window air conditioners.
- Services clocks; replaces ribbons and clock movement.
- Inspects and maintains fire alarms; checks trouble reports on detectors and pull stations.
- Sets up sound systems; runs sound checks.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the electrical field.
- Valid and current electrical license preferred.
- Experience with local plumbing and mechanical codes preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints required.
- Exposure to the elements and environments, including adverse weather conditions, dust and noise.
- Exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents and cleaners common to electrical work.
- Some heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs.) required.
- Exposure to above normal noise levels, vibration, fumes and dust daily.
- Near-visual accuity, depth perception, field of vision and color vision are required.
- Prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, and working in confined spaces required.
- Full range of physical motion in order to opearte manual and electrically powered equipment and movement throughout campus including climbing stairs and working at heights.
- Scope of the position requires working with electrical systems, wiring and currents that have the potential for serious injury if proper safety measures are not followed.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants, who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.