Jobs at Jewell: Network/Systems Administrator
Department: Information Services
Reports To: Director of Information Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Maintain operations of the campus network infrastructure by ensuring the proper functioning of switches, routers, wireless controllers, phone switches, associated operating systems, and common data center services. Responsibilities include planning, installing and managing the campus wired and wireless networks; managing phone systems; and installing, upgrading, and maintaining network routers, switches, firewalls, wireless switches and other network devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain network hardware and software systems to provide an optimal computing environment.
- Implement and sustain network switching, routing, telecommunications, and security.
- Collaborate with team members to review opportunities, challenges, and practices.
- Provide network connectivity subject matter expertise to various networks and various projects and continuously upgrade skill sets to remain current with installed systems.
- Work with staff in the implementation of new technologies to enhance performance and use productivity and aid project planning by providing cost and time estimates of proposed work.
- Maintain infrastructure inventory; tracking location, current use, configuration, hardware/software version, and support and upgrade information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related fields required.
- Minimum of three years' network experience required; at least five years’ experience is preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, VMWare, and/or Citrix strongly preferred and telecomm experience, VoIP experience is a plus.
- Contributes to the overall success of Information Services by performing all other essential responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to respond in a constructive, flexible and imaginative manner.
- Ability to consistently present a pleasant, courteous, supportive and service oriented attitude.
- Must have strong organizational skills, and the ability to establish work priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain poise in stressful situations.
- Ability to address conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision and to bring any assigned tasks to conclusion in a timely manner.
- Normal office environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time viewing data on a computer screen is necessary.
- Occasional lifting (up to 30 lbs.) required to move hardware.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
• Cover letter
• William Jewell College application
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.