Jobs at Jewell: Nursing Program Clinical Coordinator
FLSA Status: Staff, Exempt
The Nursing Program Clinical Coordinator is responsible for acquiring, contracting, monitoring, and evaluating all clinical sites for nursing courses and student experiences in coordination with the Course Clinical Coordinators and Department of Nursing Chair. He/she will arrange the clinical schedule and orientations at the facilities.
The Program Clinical Coordinator will ensure that faculty meets the credentialing requirements of assigned facilities and that all required paperwork is submitted to the clinical facilities within required time frames. The Program Clinical Coordinator is required to coordinate an orientation program for all new clinical faculty to ensure that the programs outcomes are being met. The Program Clinical Coordinator will make regular visits to clinical agencies during the clinical rotation, documenting the findings of each visit.
In emergent situations, the Program Clinical Coordinator will collaborate with the Course Clinical Coordinator to help arrange substitute clinical coverage and experiences for students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Clinical Coordinators to identify, select, contract with, monitor, and evaluate all clinical sites. Maintain site selection criteria and contract documentation in support of nursing competency requirements.
- Visit all clinical sites and the health agency's nurse educator(s) at least once a rotation during the semester to support a relevant and comprehensive nursing experience.
- Work in conjunction with Course Clinical Coordinators, Simulation Project Manager, and Simulation Center Coordinator to establish clinical/simulation schedules and alignment of clinical experience with course goals.
- Work in conjunction with Department Clinical Compliance Coordinator to establish and maintain a system to ensure general clinical compliance documentation of clinical faculty and students as well as site-specific requirements are met.
- Serve as the first point of contact for resolution of clinical personnel issues which may arise between staff at the clinical site and clinical faculty and students, and concerns encountered with affiliating agencies. Engage Department Chair and/or Course Clinical Coordinators as appropriate in facilitating resolution of clinical personnel issues if further intervention is needed.
- Participate in networking activities to build relations with healthcare facilities and related professional associations, including appropriate orientation activities with contracted facilities.
- Coordinate orientation, training, and development guidance to clinical faculty regarding their clinical site.
- Ensure all facility-required documentation and training is completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Work with Department Health Informatics Coordinator to assure students and faculty are oriented to departmental expectations prior to clinical and assist in updating as needed
- Develop and maintain a clinical faculty mentor program to assist new faculty in teaching-related activities including but not limited to: understanding their role as teachers, grading system, use of pre and post clinical conferences, handling challenging student situations, Care Form and Hallmark procedures, course management site (Moodle), and electronic charting requirements (SHINE), etc.
- Mentor clinical faculty to assist them in teaching-related activities including but not limited to: understanding their role as teachers, grading system, use of pre and post clinical conferences, handling challenging student situations, Care Form and Hallmark procedures, course management site (Moodle), and electronic charting requirements (SHINE), etc.
- Verify and work with course clinical coordinator, clinical faculty, and student when needed for clinical makeup occurs.
- Provide support to the Department Chair in securing clinical faculty coverage for all clinical groups.
- Assure all evaluations for students and clinical agencies are completed and distributed as required.
- Engage departmental processes, as appropriate, to address academic difficulties and clinical compliance and competency issues.
- Participate in nursing program planning process.
- Participate in required department meetings and committees, as assigned.
- Participate in meetings at the clinical facilities as necessary.
- Participate in course meetings arranged by the course coordinator to ensure clinical settings are meeting the needs of the course.
- Accept and complete additional related duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Clinical-related experience preferred (area of experience is open)
- Administrative experience required (1-2 years)
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Current BCLS certification, updated immunizations, and HIPAA compliance as required by clinical agencies
- Builds strong working relationships with a variety of constituencies
- Able to communicate on a variety of educational levels
- Effectively works as a member of a team
- Believes in students’ abilities to improve themselves
- Functions ethically in work situations
- Values the William Jewell College Department of Nursing hallmarks of integrity, compassion, scholarship, leadership, excellence in nursing practice, and service to others
- Communicates professionalism in interactions with patients, families, peers, students, staff, and community leaders
- Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.