Jobs at Jewell: Painter
Department: Facilities Management
Reports To: Director of Facilities Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position paints interior and exterior surfaces of all campus buildings, stains and finishes cabinets and furniture, and completes other projects related to the maintenance of painted surfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scrapes, repairs and paints interior and exterior surfaces of all campus buildings.
Paints and repairs windows; including scraping, glazing, caulking and washing windows.
Stains and finishes cabinets and shelves, refinishes furniture and other woodworking projects.
Hangs and repairs wallpaper.
Paints street curbs, crosswalks, and stripes parking lots.
Repairs damaged walls by plastering, sheet rocking, and sanding.
Obtains bids from painting and wallpaper contractors, inspects work and verifies all completed projects.
Orders and maintains records and inventories of all painting supplies and equipment.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent and three years' apprentice or practical experience in painting required.
- Safely operate and/or use all types of tools related to the painting trade, such as scrapers, rollers, sprayers and paint brushes.
- Knowledge of different types of stains, varnishes, and paints.
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple jobs.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
- Ability to use all types of ladders at heights up to 75 feet; frequent climbing is necessary.
- Ability to withstand frequent exposure to noise, dust, chemicals and paints.
- Must have a valid Class E license.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all students, employees, vendors and contractors.
- Ability to withstand adverse weather conditions, to include extreme heat or cold, rain, snow, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
•William Jewell College application
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.