Jobs at Jewell: Program Coordinator, RN-BS in Nursing Program
FSLA Status: Exempt
William Jewell College seeks applicants for a full-time Program Coordinator of a new RN-BS in Nursing program that is offered online. This position will assist the Department Chair to develop, coordinate, assess and grow the new program. The Coordinator will provide primary support in the development, coordination, and implementation of all functions, activities, and programs related to recruitment and outreach services for the RN to BS in Nursing program. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Nursing Admission Counselor, the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Financial Aid, and The Learning House (our online partner). The position calls for excellent skills in management as well as interpersonal communication, data analysis, and multitasking.
- Master of Science in Nursing preferred, a Bachelor of Science degree required. Applicants with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master's degree in Management will be strongly considered.
- Experience with online teaching preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ clinical experience and an unencumbered RN license to practice nursing.
- A willingness to be entrepreneurial and grow an online RN-BS in Nursing program.
- Vision for what it takes to have a strong and healthy program.
- College teaching experience is desirable, and a commitment to excellence in teaching and student mentoring is expected.
- Work experience in a college or university setting in program management or administration is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following list of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not a comprehensive list.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct the identification, selection, advising, and orientation of qualified prospective RN-BS in Nursing students
- Coordinate the preparation of promotional and informational materials, working with the Department Chair to align these materials accordingly with other departmental materials
- Coordinate all student inquiry responses from all sources and manage communication flow focused on meeting program enrollment goals
- Collaborate with the Office of the Registrar and the Nursing Admission Counselor regarding review and interpretation of transcripts and degree audits in relation to the RN to BS in Nursing program
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Life and Office of Financial Aid to assure needed student resources are identified
- Coordinate the development, teaching, and evaluation of courses (nursing and non-nursing) offered in the RN to BS in Nursing program, including recommendations for curricular revisions and test-out procedures and policies
- Collect and evaluate data to track student progression and to improve performance outcomes of the RN to BS in Nursing program. Assist with the coordination procedures for collection of required data for accreditation purposes.
- Provide periodic statistical reports to Department Chair detailing recruitment and retention activities
- Professional development including attending conferences, developing and maintaining relationships with employers and staying current with developments in the field
- Other responsibilities will include involvement in College and departmental activities, as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong presentation skills with the ability to present clear and accurate information to small and large groups. Must also possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, analyze problems and devise solutions. Must also demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Candidate must possess a strong knowledge of nursing school admission requirements, academic policies, testing criteria, as well as program and resources.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu:
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.