Jobs at Jewell: Regional Development Director
Department: Office of Institutional Advancement
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Regional Development Director is a full–time administrative/professional position. The Regional Development Director identifies, cultivates and solicits major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations, and develops and manages an exemplary stewardship program that continues relationship building with current donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in setting activity and solicitation goals and in the ongoing evaluation of the success of the fundraising endeavor through a focused moves management program.
- Seeks and maintains competence in the fundraising task.
- Occasionally writes grants and other formal proposals for individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Manages a portfolio of between 150 and 200 major gift prospects.
- Maintain a heavy travel schedule within their region to personally meet donors for discovery, cultivation, & solicitation of major gifts.
- Makes efficient use of support staff to optimize time and resources, and routinely communicates with advancement records and research staff to help develop the larger fundraising program.
- Interfaces regularly and comfortably with other College officers, including those in alumni relations, annual giving, College relations, and the Office of the President.
- Assists in identifying and supporting volunteer leadership.
- Represents the College at public functions and events, including social gatherings that may provide direct contact with donors.
- Appreciates and facilitates the mission, culture, and traditions of the institution.
- Maintains familiarity with salient issues relating to higher education and fundraising, showing a desire to stay abreast of new trends and ideas.
- Exhibits aptitude for working in a team context and accepting responsibility for the success of one’s colleagues as well as one’s own success.
- Accepts other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Baccalaureate degree or higher required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in direct solicitation of major gift fundraising preferred.
- Experience in a comparable goal oriented environment required.
- Computer proficiency, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong human relations, public speaking, excellent writing, and motivational skills.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people within and outside the Office of Advancement.
- Proven ability to exercise good, professional judgment.
- The ability to employ self-initiative and to work independently while engaging in multiple tasks.
- Normal office environment. Regular travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
•William Jewell College application
Applicants, who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resource
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.