Jobs at Jewell: Switchboard/Print/Copy/Mail Assistant
Department: Central Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Switchboard/Print/Copy/Mail assistant will be responsible, as part of the Central Services team, for the operation of the campus–wide switchboard, inbound/outbound mail system, and for the Office of Reprographics in operating the campus high speed copiers and printers. This position will assist customers by producing high quality print materials in a timely manner that meets or exceeds expectations. This position will assist in the implementation of systems, procedures and policies to ensure efficient and cost-effective processing of the college’s mail and provide excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates campus switchboard
- Answers phone promptly and courteously
- Provides excellent customer service in addressing inquiries and responding to callers who do not want to be connected elsewhere
- Reprographics/Photocopying services
- Handles all documents and materials submitted for printing/photocopying by all constituents of the college with strict adherence to copyright laws
- Assists faculty in producing syllabi, course instruction materials, and lab manuals for students to purchase
- Assists customers by producing high quality print materials in a timely manner that meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations
- Operates all high speed printers and wide format printer and performs simple maintenance
- Monitors inventory and orders all supplies, envelopes, and letterhead stationery, including copy paper for entire campus
- Prepares invoices for payment and keeps accurate record of each department’s expenditures; submits monthly charges to the business office
- Receives and posts faculty office hours in DATATEL
- Assists faculty as needed
- Mail Services
- Handles all inbound mail, packages, and shipments delivered to the college; inspects shipments for damage, completeness and delivery to correct address
- Manually and electronically enters all inbound shipments and accountable mail into the computer-based tracking/notification system
- Orders and maintains an adequate supply of all mailroom supplies including carrier shipping containers and related postal supplies
- Oversees service window– receives mail and packages for handling and processing; assists with supervision of student employees and window activity
- Processes all routine outbound mail, packages, and express shipments
- Meets daily outgoing mail, presort and shipping pick-up deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college coursework strongly preferred
- Minimum of two years office experience required
- Prefer two years experience using print servers, operating network and job scanning devices, and wide format printers
- General knowledge of copy products, folding, and binding equipment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage deadlines, prioritize workload, and make adjustments to meet business need
- Advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other programs specific to job in order to complete tasks successfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and the ability to maintain good working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to multi-task
- Work may require sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Frequent lifting required, up to 40 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.