Jobs at Jewell: Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
FSLA Status: Exempt
The Department of Chemistry at William Jewell College has an opening for a sabbatical replacement beginning in August of 2013 and continuing through May of 2014. The full-time position will involve instruction in introductory-level chemistry lecture and lab.
William Jewell College is a nationally-ranked liberal arts college with an enrollment of approximately 1,000. It is located in Liberty, Missouri, a suburb of Kansas City. The Department of Chemistry offers a bachelor's degree in chemistry and, in conjunction with the Department of Biology, a bachelor's degree in biochemistry.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or a related field is required.
- PhD or ABD in chemistry or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to teach introductory-level chemistry (for science majors) and labs is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The exact assignment of courses to be taught will be decided subject to the needs of the department and the qualifications of the person hired. It is expected that lectures and labs for both semesters of general chemistry (for science majors) will be involved. The teaching load for the position is likely to average about 15 contact hours per week.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- William Jewell College application
- Transcripts (copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Three confidential letters of recommendation via email to jobs AT william.jewell DOT edu
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin March 1 and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises student an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.