Jobs at Jewell: Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of
Education - Reading
Department: Department of Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Department of Education at William Jewell College seeks applicants for a visiting, teaching faculty position at the Visiting Assistant or Instructor level to begin August 2014. The successful candidate must believe passionately in learning centered instruction, demonstrate facility with the latest teaching technologies and enthusiastically embrace innovations in teaching and learning.
The position can be part- or full-time with final responsibilities and time commitment to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in reading required at the Assistant level; candidates who are ABD or possess M.A./M.S. or Ed.S. degrees in reading will be considered at the Instructor level
- Record of teaching excellence required
- Elementary school teaching certification and experience are required
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the background to teach a full teacher education literacy curriculum and/or a record of scholarship in this area
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching responsibilities within the Department of Education are negotiable but must include diagnosis and correction of reading disabilities; could include elementary reading, reading in the content areas and/or other teacher education literacy courses
- If the successful candidate desires a full-time position, the teaching load will also include student teaching/fieldwork supervision and other teacher education course work as agreed upon and resulting from the candidate's expertise and experience
- Letter of application
- William Jewell Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Additional documentation will be requested from those selected for interview.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Deadline for application is May 1, 2014.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.