Journey Grants offer endless opportunities for education-enriching experiences. Here are a few opportunities for English majors. Consult with your faculty advisor for more suggestions. Visit the Jewell Journey Grants page to complete an online application.
- Funding for an independent research project in literary studies that would result in a paper for a conference or publication. The grant, received during the summer, might include room/board on campus and stipend, releasing the student from the obligations of other work, allowing him or her to concentrate on the project.
- Support for work on a creative writing project through the funding of travel, registration and costs associated with attendance at a fiction, poetry, stage-play- or screen-writing workshop.
- Support for work on an independent research project in literary studies through the funding of travel, registration and costs associated with attendance at a scholarly conference related to the student’s project.
- Funding to support an otherwise unpaid or partially paid summer internship in publishing, editing, writing, law or other professions related to the discipline.
- Funding for summer- or semester-break travel to study literature at a national or international library, museum or university.