Jewell's new Journey Grant is a distinctive experience providing the freedom and funding to truly make the college experience one-of-a-kind. Transformative experiences, academic pursuits and self-discovery embody the Jewell Journey we promise every student.
A Journey Grant encourages exploration, discovery, adventure and change. Students who entered William Jewell College in the fall of 2010 or later may apply for a self-designed grant such as a research project, study-away experience, entrepreneurial opportunity, internship, civic engagement initiative or service. Journey Grants will be a minimum of $2,000, with the opportunity for additional funds awarded on a competitive basis to support great proposals.
Where will your Journey Grant take you?
Journey Grants are meaningful because they are customized to complement each student's passion. The experiences that could be funded are limitless.
- Serve in our Village Partners Program in Honduras
- Conduct research on your favorite topic at the British Library
- Shadow a Jewell grad in the forensics lab at the Dallas police department
- Experience opera at La Scala
- Study Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre
- Help a medical mission team in Tanzania
- Develop a screenplay at a Los Angeles film writing workshop
- Gain a new perspective on Russian politics in the shadow of Red Square
- Travel to micro-lending sites in Central America
- Intern in Washington, D.C., to test out a career path
- Participate in a world congress on sustainability at Colorado’s Shadowcliff Lodge
- Enhance your insight into the Arab-Israeli Conflict from the West Bank
- Design your own Journey Grant experience