Career Services
Health Resources
Residence Life
Dining Services

Residence Life:  Transferring or Leaving William Jewell

If you are leaving William Jewell College, we'd like to know why.  Your feedback helps us evaluate services, improve ways we assist students and helps us to understand what we might do better.

Step 1

You need to complete the student Exit Interview (found on the Residence Life home page).  Completing this online form officially notifies the College of your intent to no longer attend William Jewell. 


Step 2

Next, you need to cancel your classes, if you have registered currently or for future classes.  Do this by visiting the Registrar’s Office in Greene Hall.  This is very important so you are not charged for classes.  Failure to cancel classes may result in you having to pay for part or all class fees.


Step 3

Lastly, you need to visit the Financial Aid Office.  This office can provide basic instructions on applying for financial aid at other institutions; financial aid is not transferable.  Upon notification that your not returning, Financial Aid will mail required exit interview documentation to your permanent address, if you are a student loan borrower.


Housing Deposit

The $100.00 housing deposit is crucial to guarantee a room in the residence halls each semester you live on-campus.  Student Affairs reserves the right to keep the deposit, if not notified about a student’s decision to move off-campus by set deadlines.  Students must notify the Student Affairs Office of their intent to live off-campus or transfer for the next semester by the following specified dates:  December 1 for spring semesters  -  June 30 for fall semester

If you leave William Jewell College, completing the Exit Interview (found on the Residence Life home page) also initiates the request of for your housing deposit return.  There is no need to do anything else, as long as you do the Exit Interview by the appropriate deadline above.  If your request is not made by the aforementioned dates, your deposit will be forfeited.  Graduating seniors need not request a deposit refund, William Jewell College takes care of that internally for you.


Contact Info:  Questions about any of this information can be directed to Residence Life Staff. 


William Jewell College · 500 College Hill · Liberty, MO 64068


AllofE Solutions