Journey to Jewell
Yates Gill College Union
Saturday, April 6, 2013
|11:20 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
||Campus Open House
Event Session Descriptions and Locations
From 9:20 a.m. to noon you will have the opportunity to choose 4 of 6 sessions from below to attend. Please use the blanks below to help you organize what session you plan to attend.
Session 1: _____ Session 2: _____ Session 3: _____ Session 4: _____
- College Planning - Get started in the college search process! Learn what classes you should take in high school to prepare for college. Should you enroll in AP, IB, or college courses? What about the ACT vs. the SAT? What you should write about for your admission essay? What should be included on your resume? Our admissions experts will provide answers to all of these questions.
- The Jewell Experience - Learn about all things that make up the Jewell experience. Hear about the academic programs and opportunities distinct to Jewell. Understand what makes a liberal arts education different.
- Student Activities - College is more than just studying, right? In this session you will hear from current Jewell students who will share with you all of the opportunities to get involved on campus. That will include: Greek life, newspaper, leadership programs, NCAA Division II Athletics, intramural sports, and an endless number of student organizations. Only during Blocks 1 and 2
- Athletics - Interested in participating in NCAA Division II Athletics? Attend this session to learn about NCAA rules and requirements, the recruiting process, timeline and athletic programs available at Jewell. Information session only, coaches will not be present. Only during Block 1.
- Academic Expo - Visit with Jewell faculty members to learn more about your academic area of interest. Not sure what you want to major in? That’s okay! You will have plenty of time to visit with a variety of academic experts who can help you narrow your many areas of interest. Only during Blocks 2 and 3.
- Take a Campus Tour - See our beautiful campus! Student tour guides called Cardinal Blazers will give you a tour of our main buildings and tell you about their experiences at Jewell. Only during Blocks 3 and 4