DEPARTMENT: Business Office
JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: – Director of Human Resources & Finance
The Financial Analyst prepares an assortment of monthly finance and accounting schedules, compiles monthly financial statements, and provides value-added analytical support to the College’s Finance leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile monthly financial reports for review by the CFO and President’s cabinet
- Maintain monthly/quarterly work papers to support the preparation of consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Perform monthly accounting for college’s investment activities
- Complete daily transactional work such as preparation and input of journal entries and review/approval of expense authorization requests
- Complete quarterly review of capital purchases and assist with capital forecasting
- Assist with the management of the purchasing card program and other banking activities
- Work directly with departmental budget managers to generate the annual non-payroll budget
- Respond to ad hoc requests for current and historical budget data from multiple campus departments
- Work with external auditors to assure timely completion of required audits and tax returns, providing assistance as requested
- Perform other duties as directed by the College’s Finance leadership team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Two+ years’ full-time experience in a similar position preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with specific emphasis on EXCEL
- Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of application
- William Jewell College application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill, Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.