Greek House Manager
Student Life Office
Associate Dean of Students & Director of Residence Life
The Greek House Manager is a part-time professional staff member who serves the College as an integral part of the Residence Life and Greek Life programs, ten (10) months during the academic year (August 1 through May 31) and reports directly to the Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life. The Greek House Manager lives in an apartment in an assigned Greek house where they are responsible for maintaining a crucial partnership between William Jewell College and the Greek organization. The Greek House Manager is responsible for house maintenance and compliance with all College policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains evening and overnight presence/residence in the Greek house and fulfills ten (10) scheduled night and weekend duty hours/week.
- Performs regular house rounds and inspections collaboratively with the chapter president and/or designated house leadership. Ensures that residents and house leadership are utilizing the College’s work order system to report facility upkeep and maintenance needs.
- In collaboration with Facilities Management, is responsible and accountable for ensuring the oversight, tracking, and reporting of house maintenance, custodial cleaning, facility upkeep and organization, communication with residents about facility management issues, and providing an overall high-quality residential student experience.
- Upholds all College and residential policies and regulations; knowledgeable of all printed materials directly related to the operation of Residence Life, such as forms, handbooks, procedural correspondences, etc. and be able to interpret College policies and procedures to students. Immediately report all College policy violations.
- “On-call” while the house is open; must be able to provide support services to residents; serves as point person for emergency responses, procedures, and crises for designated building(s); will collaborate closely with Campus Safety, when appropriate.
- Attends all events open to non-members that occur in the house and is responsible for ensuring event risk management compliance.
- Available in the house to facilitate resident check-in and -out.
- Attends all staff meetings, trainings, professional development, College functions and requirements.
- Responsible for completing other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a role model for students in every aspect of College and community life; represents and supports Residence Life, the Student Life Office, and the College in interactions with students, faculty, staff, parents, and guests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Four-year college degree required.
- Prior residence life or related field experience strongly preferred.
- The ability to advocate for and promote the mission of the College, Student Life Office, and Residence Life Program.
- The ability to implement the College’s residential philosophy.
- The ability to establish relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills and flexibility are a must.
Night and weekend hours in professional office/work environment with live-in responsibilities in a college-owned and operated Greek facility.
Rent/maintenance-free, year-round residence (unfurnished apartment located inside a Greek house) and choice between hourly wage or board plan (meals) during the academic year when the dining services is open to residential students.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.