Department: Facilities Management
Position Title: Grounds Keeping Specialist
Reports to: Director of Facilities Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Helps maintain ~200 acres of campus grounds, including all streets, sidewalks, curbs, gutter, storms, sewer inlets, trees, shrubs, grass and flowers. Mows, trims, and fertilizes lawns and trees. Removes and treats snow and ice from campus walkways and parking lots. Installs and repairs sprinkler heads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mows, trims, and fertilizes lawns and trees.
- Helps maintain all irrigation systems on campus and athletic fields.
- Applies fertilizer and herbicide applications to campus lawns and athletic fields.
- Responsible for daily outside trash pickup.
- Plays a key role in snow and ice treatment and removal.
- Assists in preventative maintenance and repair of roads, parking lots, and walkways.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one years of experience in grounds maintenance required.
- Ability to operate various types of heavy power equipment.
- Class E license required (can receive once hired).
- Herbicide applicator’s license (can receive once hired) preferred.
- Ability to install and repair sprinkler system heads preferred.
- Ability to multi task and be well organized.
- Reliability and ability to work independently.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Ability to tolerate and work well in temperature and weather extremes.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crawl on hands and knees, and perform repetitive motions.
- Comfortable operating potentially hazardous equipment such as mower, weed eater, or hedge trimmers.
- Exposure to above normal noise levels, vibrations, fumes and dust daily.
- No travel but some overtime work required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to email@example.com:
- Letter of application
- William Jewell College application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants, who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.