Position Title: Interactive Digital Media – Adjunct
Department: Communication & Theatre
Reports To: Department Chair
FLSA Status: Exempt – Part-Time
William Jewell College seeks part-time instructors in Digital Media Communication beginning in Summer and Fall 2018. The Interactive Digital Media major prepares students for entry-level jobs as digital media specialists in design studios, marketing and advertising agencies, public relations firms, interactive agencies, corporate in-house design and digital communication departments and other contexts. Teaching opportunities include the following skill sets/subject areas: interactive media, video, animation, graphic design theory & process, photography, typography, and print design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, produce and revise curriculum that remains up-to-date with a rapidly changing industry; prepare course materials that incorporate both on-ground and online educational instruction
- Develop competency based/learning outcomes, modules, rubrics and self-assessments appropriate for a liberal arts model
- Types of courses include but are not limited to: Web Design, 2D Design, Digital Painting, and Digital Photography
- Communicate expectations and establish clear grading criteria through appropriate instructional means, to include but not limited to developing course syllabi, handouts, and materials supporting the instructional process; evaluating student progress and providing clear, timely feedback
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have an earned bachelor’s degree (MA or MFA preferred) in a field related to Graphic Design/Visual Communication from an accredited institution and three years of relevant, industry experience in areas such as print, multimedia and/or web design (part-time or full-time)
- Previous teaching experience or demonstrated ability to teach the skills within area of specialization
- A high level of proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud applications relevant to the field (primarily Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Normal office working environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to email@example.com:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- William Jewell College application
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin February 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
Our Philosophy: We are critical thinkers in community pursuing meaningful lives.
William Jewell College is committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.