Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing seeks applicants for a clinical adjunct faculty position. This individual will be a part of the Nursing faculty with their primary teaching responsibilities in the area of teaching clinical. Ongoing applications are accepted in the areas of Critical Care and Med-Surg, Mental Health, and OB.
- Masters in Nursing preferred or currently enrolled in a MSN program required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
- Expertise in area of clinical position Nursing preferred
- Recent nursing practice experience required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Current uncensored licensure as a registered professional nurse in Missouri
- Licensure in Kansas required if clinical site is in Kansas
- Current BCLS, updated immunizations and compliance requirements as required by clinical agency
Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical teaching responsibilities in the Department of Nursing could include the following based on experience and expertise:
- Plan student clinical assignments and orientations with course coordinator and in collaboration with clinical agency
- Maintain positive relationship with clinical agency and staff
- Grade and return student documentation within 1 week of clinical day.
- Monitor and provide professional feedback to nursing students regarding clinical performance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents in PDF or MS Word format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter including area of interest and teaching philosophy
- William Jewell Application
- Curriculum vitae
- MSBN Faculty Record
- Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts (copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
- Provide three references on application or separately
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises to offer students an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on cultivating leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.