When is the deadline for applications?
- 4-year Traditional BSN: June 1
- 12-month BSN Accelerated Track (May to May): August 1.
- 16-month BSN Accelerated Track (January to May): March 1
How long is the nursing program?
- The William Jewell College Baccalaureate Nursing program (Traditional Track) is four years, with five semesters spent in clinical nursing courses. Students generally complete their education within four years and take the NCLEX-RN licensing exam the summer following May graduation.
- Students entering with a degree and choosing the Accelerated Track have two options for completing the required nursing hours:
- 12 month Accelerated Track, beginning each May and finishing the following May
- 16-month Accelerated Track, beginning in January and finishing in May the following year
Do you prepare students for the NCLEX-RN licensing exam?
Students actively participate in a diagnostic testing program in each semester of the nursing program. All seniors are part of weekly coaching sessions during the second semester senior year in preparation for the licensing exam. Success on NCLEX-RN exam varies with the individual student.
Do William Jewell graduates pursue graduate studies?
Jewell nursing grads begin graduate studies after some time in clinical practice. We have graduates with advanced degrees in nurse anesthesia, nurse practitioner, business and various clinical specialties.
Can I apply online?
How old can my prerequisites be and still count for credit?
The Department of Nursing will consider courses for credit as they apply to the curriculum offered at William Jewell College, provided the student submits course grades of C- or higher; the approved science courses* are completed within the 10 years prior to the student’s start date of the nursing program; and the approved Nutrition, Pharmacology, and/or Pathophysiology courses are completed within the 5 years prior to the student’s start date of the nursing program. Applicants to the program not meeting these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*Anatomy with a lab, Chemistry with a lab, Microbiology with a lab, and Physiology with a lab
What if I just want information?
If you would like a phone call from a college representative, please fill out the Nursing Inquiry Form
What is the Department of Nursing refund policy?
Traditional Program (Fall & Spring)
If a student withdraws from school or decreases hours after classes begin, applicable credits for tuition, room, meals and fees will be computed according to the following schedule. Credits for classes are based upon the date the student notifies the Student Affairs Office in writing or in person. Credit for room and meals are based upon the date the student notifies Residential Life in writing or in person. The following percentages apply:
- Withdrawal: Beginning with the first day and continuing for the first and second week after classes begin, the credit is 90%; third and fourth week 50%; fifth through eighth week 25%; no credit after the eighth week of class. NOTE: The refund schedule for seven-week classes is different; please contact the Business Office before dropping classes.
- Change of Course: prior to the close of the registration period for each semester, the College will credit any tuition charges made for courses dropped by the student when an equivalent number of hours is added. After the close of registration, the credit will be calculated using the same rates as shown above.
- Rooms & Meals: Student moving out of the residence halls during a semester will be charged a pro-rated amount based on the number of days residing in the dormitory. Charges for meals will be pro-rated based on the number of weeks the student was enrolled on a meal plan.
- Room Deposits: After June, 30, room deposits for returning students may be refunded only if the applicant is physically unable to enroll or the college cannot provide residence hall space. Once students occupy a residence hall room, the deposit becomes a reservation/damage deposit held in escrow until the student graduate or moves off campus. A student will forfeit the room deposit if they do not notify Student Affairs of their intention not to return by June 30 or December 1 for the fall and spring semesters respectively.
Students withdrawing from Summer School (excluding AT Nursing Program) courses will be credited tuition and fees according to the following schedules:
- Four week courses: Prior to the first day of class: 100%; 1st – 3rd day: 90%; 4th – 6th day: 50%; 7th – 8th day: 25%.
- Eight week courses: Prior to the first day of class: 100%; 1st week: 90%; 2nd week: 50%; 3rd week: 25%
Accelerated Track Nursing Program
The AT Nursing Program at Jewell is cohort based. Once the College commits to the number of students in any cohort, the costs associated with that program are fixed. Therefore, refunds are limited except as provided below.
The AT Nursing Program has two tracks: A January cohort and a May cohort. The January cohort is billed in four terms: spring 1, summer, fall, and spring 2. The May cohort is billed in three terms: summer, fall and spring.
Students who withdraw:
- on or before the first day of class for any term will not be charged tuition or fees for that term or subsequent terms.
- without having attended the first term will forfeit their enrollment deposit.
- during the first week of class of the first term will receive a 90% refund of tuition charges for that term, any fees assessed are not refundable, and the student will not be billed for the subsequent terms.
- after the first day of class during the second, third or fourth term will be responsible for paying 100% of the tuition and fees billed for that term. They will not be billed for subsequent terms.
Any student who withdraws due to extenuating circumstances may submit a letter of appeal to the Controller.
How do I make an appointment to visit?
If you would like to make an appointment with the Nursing Department, please call 1-888-2JEWELL. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information about Nursing at Jewell, please contact:
Katie Stiles | 816-415-5072
Nursing Admission Counselor
Department of Nursing
William Jewell College
500 College Hill, Box 2002
Liberty, MO 64068