Home to nearly 1,000 full-time students, a 10 to 1 student-faculty ratio and average class size of 16 means an individualized learning experience and top-notch education.Apply Now
Jewell is committed to fostering a diverse community of critical thinkers. As a student, you will be given the tools you need to analyze and adapt to change, to be relevant, valuable and influential in everything you pursue both globally and locally. Our students are problem solvers, and they're changing the world.
Location, Location, Location
Jewell's campus is located in beautiful and historic Liberty, Missouri. Just a mere 15 miles from downtown Kansas City, you’ll have easy access to another thriving community with a myriad of cultural and career opportunities. You can connect with 82,000 employers and take advantage of Jewell’s partnerships with alumni and local leaders. Internships, research programs and mentors are right at your fingertips. Pack your bags and become part of the Jewell community—we'll make sure you feel right at home.
Serving International Students
The Office of Admission, in partnership with the Office of Student Life, serves your needs from the time inquiry, to the time you graduate. In many cases, our relationships with international students continue far beyond college, as many seek to live, work or pursue further studies in the United States.
The following are just a few of the ways we serve international students:
- I-20 created and sent to admitted students and advising offered in regard to F-1 visa application process
- Orientation for new and transfer students upon arrival to campus
- Arrangements for campus housing during academic year and, by request, during breaks
- Assistance with application for social security number, as required, for on-campus employment
- Assistance with opening a bank account
- Assistance with application for off-campus internships and employment through CPT (Curricular Practical Training) or OPT (Optional Practical Training)
- Assistance with obtaining a Missouri driver's license
In addition, the College has a faculty member dedicated to the needs of international students who serves as a Faculty Advisor and advocate.