The Office of Accessibility Services
We are committed to the full inclusion of students, faculty and staff in the life of the Jewell Community in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (including the ADA Amendments Act of 2008) and the Fair Housing Act. Our goal is to provide support and resources to ensure an accessible and welcoming environment for individuals with disabilities and to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations in the areas of learning/academics, housing, dining and the workplace.
How do I request accommodations?
The accommodation application below should be used by students, faculty and staff for all accommodation requests including academic/learning, housing, dining and workplace accommodations. The applicant must complete both portions of the application, including the online form (step one) and the documentation requirement (step two). Any applicants needing assistance with completing the form or accessing any related materials should contact the Director of Accessibility Services at 816-415-7556 or email@example.com.
- Accommodation Form (Step One)
- Documentation Criteria for ADHD/ADD
- Documentation Guidelines for Allergy and/or Asthma Related Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Specific Learning Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Psychiatric Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Medical and Physical Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Neurodevelopmental and ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Disabilities
Please review the information below to learn more about our Accessibility policies, procedures and guidelines:
- ESA (Emotional Support Animal) Policy
- Reduced Course Load Policy
- Accessibility Services Grievance Policy
- FERPA - Protecting Student Information
- What are my Rights and Responsibilities?
Do you need to request alternative text books? Where are the accessible computers on campus? What are the accessibility features on my iPad? Please use the following resources to answer common questions about accessible technology.
- Request for Alternative Text
- The accessible computer is currently located on the 2nd floor of the PLC building. Software and accessibility features include: Abby Fine Reader, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Essential Accessibility, Natural Reader, and Live Voice to Text.
Any individual planning a visit to campus who may require an accommodation should contact the event coordinator in order to make a request. Visitors may also contact the Accessibility Services office at 816-415-7556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request for an accommodation on campus.