Nursing Change of Major Policy
Effective Fall 2017
Purpose: To define the process for students entering the program though major change.
- Students who request to transfer into the nursing program by changing a Jewell major must meet with the Department Chair and/or Nursing Student Liaison to review the admission criteria.
- Students who are in the first semester after high school will be considered Direct Entry Nursing majors and will follow the Direct Entry Policy.
- Students entering later than the first semester after high school will be classified as a Pre-Nursing student and follow the Pre-Nursing Student Policy.
- They will complete an Intent to Begin form.
- Determination of acceptance into the nursing program will then be made based on the student meeting admission criteria and space availability.