Learn more about completing your nursing degree at William Jewell College.
PROGRAM SELECTION IS BASED UPON:
- Completion of your application to William Jewell College
- Submission of official copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions at which you have been enrolled in courses or have received financial aid, even if credit was not awarded
- Applicants normally present a minimum GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite courses completed prior to the beginning of nursing classes with a minimum grade of C- in all courses. Preference is given to candidates with B- or better in prerequisite courses.
- Any nursing courses, such as Nutrition, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, must transfer with a B- or better
- Two references, preferably one from an employer and one from a faculty member
- A selective interview with members of the Nursing Department
- A résumé detailing any community, volunteer and health-related experiences
- Completion of a pre-nursing admission exam (fee required)
Consult William Jewell College’s Course Catalog section titled “Requirements for Transfer Admission.” Your requirements for completing a bachelor’s degree will have to be determined in consultation with the Registrar and the Department of Nursing.